Bandmixers-Discography Series / Selections From -
THE PRETENDERS / PRETENDERS (1979)
Pretenders, is the self-titled debut studio album by the British-American band of the same name. Released just weeks into the new decade of the eighties, this was one of the more widely anticipated debuts as the group had already achieved commercial success with three charting hits in late 1979. Those three singles (along with two of the ‘B sides’) were combined with new studio material to make this fine rock album, which debuted at #1 in the UK and went platinum in the U.S. The album also received high praise critically, which it has sustained as it is included on many lists of top debuts of all time. Chrissie Hynde wrote the bulk of the material on Pretenders and found a nice blend of rock, punk and pop, with the slightest hint of new-wave edge. This nearly perfect debut album showcases both the extraordinary songs of Ohio-born singer Chrissie Hynde and the rhythmically complex performances of her U.K.-bred band, Pretenders.
FEATURED ALBUM TRACKS
BAND MEMBER SLOTS
Note: If you're signing up for "Guitar 1" as your primary instrument you're committing to lead and rhythm guitar parts, whereas "Guitar 2" is rhythm guitar-parts only unless otherwise agreed upon by participating guitarists. Overall song presentation by all musicians should follow standard instrumentation and arrangements as originally recorded on the song's studio versions, keeping everyone on the same page regarding practice time and event performances.
Bandmixers - Discography / Rules of Participation
- All participating musicians are required to have an intermediate to advanced-level skill set and playing ability to participate (see FAQ).
- At-home individual learning/practicing along with the ability to readily-apply your respective playing parts into a group rehearsal and live performance setting.
- If you're new to the community and/or are unsure if a given band is the right fit for your particular skill level but have interest in participating, drop us a note and tell us a bit about your playing background, skill level, ability to accurately learn material on your own, etc.
Series Program Format
- We select 4 iconic albums, choose 6 classic tracks from each to make up 4 Discography bands per live event.
- Participating musicians self-select into one of the event's album-showcase bands based on their primary instrument and ability-level.
- Participant cost is $250 and includes:
- Dedicated band members
- FoF hosted band "meet-n-greet" session
- 3, 2-hour pre-scheduled band rehearsal sessions at our studio facility (see schedule above)
- Curated 6-song album set w/band selected "bonus" track (7 song-set in all)
- Venue booking, show promotion and event hosting
- Complimentary drink
- Awesome live show for friends, family and the FoF community!
Step One: Claim Your Spot
Please fill out AND submit the form below BEFORE proceeding to payment step.
Step Two: Submit Payment
Payment reserves your album selection and instrument choice. Payments are processed through PayPal with all major debit/credit cards accepted.