Bandmixers-Discography Series / Selections From -
PJ HARVEY / STORIES FROM THE CITY, STORIES FROM THE SEA (2000)
The general-consensus narrative around PJ Harvey’s Stories From The City, Stories From The Sea goes something like this: It’s PJ Harvey’s happy album. Harvey recorded Stories From The City after spending months in New York in some kind of mad, euphoric relationship. To that point, Harvey had built a career by mining human darkness and obsession, making clangorous noise-rock and haunted blues. With Stories From The City, she went a different direction, making pretty and glamorous and cleaned-up modern rock music that pulled people in rather than pushing them away. She wound up with one of her biggest and most acclaimed albums. Masterfully striking a balance between her blues-folk roots, avant-leanings, and soaring pop sensibility, it serves as a summary of Harvey's prior achievements.
FEATURED ALBUM TRACKS
BAND MEMBER SLOTS
Note: If you're signing up for "Guitar 1" as your primary instrument you're committing to lead and rhythm guitar parts, whereas "Guitar 2" is rhythm guitar-parts only unless otherwise agreed upon by participating guitarists. Overall song presentation by all musicians should follow standard instrumentation and arrangements as originally recorded on the song's studio versions, keeping everyone on the same page regarding practice time and event performances.
Bandmixers - Discography / Rules of Participation
- All participating musicians are required to have an intermediate to advanced-level skill set and playing ability to participate (see FAQ).
- At-home individual learning/practicing along with the ability to readily-apply your respective playing parts into a group rehearsal and live performance setting.
- If you're new to the community and/or are unsure if a given band is the right fit for your particular skill level but have interest in participating, drop us a note and tell us a bit about your playing background, skill level, ability to accurately learn material on your own, etc.
Series Program Format
- We select 4 iconic albums, choose 6 classic tracks from each to make up 4 Discography bands per live event.
- Participating musicians self-select into one of the event's album-showcase bands based on their primary instrument and ability-level.
- Participant cost is $250 and includes:
- Dedicated band members
- FoF hosted band "meet-n-greet" session
- Three, 2-hour pre-scheduled band rehearsal sessions at our Ballard studio facility (see schedule above)
- Curated 6-song album set w/band selected "bonus" track (7 song-set in all)
- Venue booking, show promotion and event hosting
- Complimentary drink
- Awesome live show for friends, family and the FoF community!
Step One: Claim Your Spot
Please fill out AND submit the form below BEFORE proceeding to payment step.
Step Two: Submit Payment
Payment reserves your album selection and instrument choice. Payments are processed through PayPal with all major debit/credit cards accepted.