Bandmixers-Discography Series / Selections From -
U2 / THE JOSHUA TREE (1987)
The Joshua Tree is the fifth studio album by Irish rock band U2. It was produced by Daniel Lanois and Brian Eno, and was released on 9 March 1987. The album is influenced by American and Irish roots music, and through socio-politically conscious lyrics embellished with spiritual imagery, it contrasts the group's antipathy for the "real America" with their fascination with the "mythical America". Inspired by American experiences, literature, and politics, U2 chose America as a theme for the album. Throughout the recording sessions, U2 sought a "cinematic" quality for the record, one that would evoke a sense of location, in particular, the open spaces of the United States. They represented this in the sleeve photography depicting them in American desert landscapes. Frequently listed among the greatest albums of all time, The Joshua Tree is one of the world's best-selling albums, with over 25 million copies sold.
FEATURED ALBUM TRACKS
BAND MEMBER SLOTS
Note: If you're signing up for "Guitar 1" as your primary instrument you're committing to lead and rhythm guitar parts, whereas "Guitar 2" is rhythm guitar-parts only. Overall song presentation by all musicians should follow standard instrumentation and arrangements as originally recorded on the song's studio versions, keeping everyone on the same page regarding practice time and event performances.
Bandmixers - Discography / Rules of Participation
- All participating musicians are required to have an intermediate to advanced-level skill set and playing ability to participate (see FAQ).
- At-home individual learning/practicing along with the ability to readily-apply your respective playing parts into a group rehearsal and live performance setting.
- If you're new to the community and/or are unsure if a given band is the right fit for your particular skill level but have interest in participating, drop us a note and tell us a bit about your playing background, skill level, ability to accurately learn material on your own, etc.
Series Program Format
- We select 4 iconic albums, choose 6 classic tracks from each to make up 4 Discography bands per live event.
- Participating musicians self-select into one of the event's album-showcase bands based on their primary instrument and ability-level.
- Participant cost is $250 and includes:
- Dedicated band members
- FoF hosted band "meet-n-greet" session
- 3, 2-hour pre-scheduled band rehearsal sessions at our studio facility (see schedule above)
- Curated 6-song album set w/band selected "bonus" track (7 song-set in all)
- Venue booking, show promotion and event hosting
- Complimentary drink
- Awesome live show for friends, family and the FoF community!
Step One: Claim Your Spot
Please fill out AND submit the form below BEFORE proceeding to payment step.
Step Two: Submit Payment
Payment reserves your album selection and instrument choice. Payments are processed through PayPal with all major debit/credit cards accepted.