Bandmixers-Discography Series / Selections From -
POISON / LOOK WHAT THE CAT DRAGGED IN (1986)
Poison's debut album took its cues from the big, anthemic pop hooks of Def Leppard and the rebellious street-tough posturing of Mötley Crüe, as well as a raunchy, adolescent obsession with sex. But Poison really carved out their niche as the ultimate glam metal band, using tight-assed boogie and over-the-top visual extravagance -- costumes, makeup, teased hair, and so on -- to an even greater extent than most of their contemporaries. It was derivative and formulaic, to be sure, but Poison wholeheartedly embraced that formula from the beginning with a conviction often missing in their peers, and it's that ridiculous, good-time excess that keeps Look What the Cat Dragged In's catchiest songs, especially the party anthems "Talk Dirty to Me" and "I Want Action," just as much fun today, if not more so!
FEATURED ALBUM TRACKS
BAND MEMBER SLOTS
Note: If you're signing up for "Guitar 1" as your primary instrument you're committing to lead and rhythm guitar parts, whereas "Guitar 2" is rhythm guitar-parts only unless otherwise agreed upon by participating guitarists. Overall song presentation by all musicians should follow standard instrumentation and arrangements as originally recorded on the song's studio versions, keeping everyone on the same page regarding practice time and event performances.
Bandmixers - Discography / Rules of Participation
- All participating musicians are required to have an intermediate to advanced-level skill set and playing ability to participate (see FAQ).
- At-home individual learning/practicing along with the ability to readily-apply your respective playing parts into a group rehearsal and live performance setting.
- If you're new to the community and/or are unsure if a given band is the right fit for your particular skill level but have interest in participating, drop us a note and tell us a bit about your playing background, skill level, ability to accurately learn material on your own, etc.
Series Program Format
- We select 4 iconic albums, choose 6 classic tracks from each to make up 4 Discography bands per live event.
- Participating musicians self-select into one of the event's album-showcase bands based on their primary instrument and ability-level.
- Participant cost is $250 and includes:
- Dedicated band member line-up
- Facilitated, band "meet-n-greet" session to get the ball rolling with the group.
- Three, 2-hour pre-scheduled band rehearsal sessions at our studio facility (see schedule above)
- Curated 6-song album set w/band selected "bonus" track (7 song-set in all)
- Venue booking, show promotion and event hosting
- Complimentary drink
- Awesome live show for friends, family and the FoF community!
Step One: Claim Your Spot
Please fill out AND submit the form below BEFORE proceeding to payment step.
Step Two: Submit Payment
Payment reserves your album selection and instrument choice. Payments are processed through PayPal with all major debit/credit cards accepted.