SELECTIONS FROM: RADIOHEAD / THE BENDS
The Bends is the second studio album by English rock band Radiohead. It was released on March 13, 1995 in the UK by Parlophone and in the U.S. by Capitol Records. Produced by John Leckie and engineered by Nigel Godrich, who would go on to co-produce all future albums by the band, The Bends marked the beginning of a shift in aesthetics and themes, with greater use of keyboards and more abrasive and subtle guitar tracks. With this album, the introspective grunge-influenced style of the band's 1993 debut Pablo Honey evolved into more multi-layered rock with cryptic lyrics and larger ideas, The album spawned five charting singles; My Iron Lung was first released as an EP in 1994, and High And Dry was later released as the album's proper lead single. The Bends received greater acclaim than their debut album featuring the mega-hit single "Creep" including a nomination for Best British Album at the 1996 Brit Awards.
FEATURED ALBUM TRACKS
BAND MEMBER SLOTS
Note: If you're signing up for "Guitar 1" as your primary instrument you're committing to lead and rhythm guitar parts, whereas "Guitar 2" is rhythm guitar-parts only. Overall song presentation by all musicians should follow standard instrumentation and arrangements as originally recorded on the song's studio versions, keeping everyone on the same page regarding practice time and event performances.
Bandmixers - Discography / Rules of Participation
- All registering musicians are required to have an intermediate to advanced-level skill set and playing ability to participate (see FAQ).
- At-home, individual learning/practicing along with the ability to readily-apply your respective playing parts into a group rehearsal setting.
- If you're new to the community and/or are unsure if a given band is the right fit for your particular skill level but have interest in participating, drop us a note and tell us a bit about your playing background, skill level, ability to accurately learn material on your own, etc.
Series Program Format
- We select 4 iconic albums, choose 5 classic tracks from each to make up 4 Discography bands per live event.
- Participating musicians self-select into one of the event's album-showcase bands based on their primary instrument and ability-level.
- Participant cost is $250 and includes:
- Dedicated band members
- Facilitated band meet-n-greet session
- 3 structured band rehearsal sessions (2 standard, 1 dress rehearsal) at our studio facility
- Curated 5-song album set w/band selected "encore" track
- Venue booking and show promotion
- Complimentary drink
- Awesome live show for friends, family and community!
Step One: Claim Your Spot
Please fill out AND submit the form below BEFORE proceeding to payment step.
Step Two: Submit Payment
Payment reserves your album selection and instrument choice. Payments are processed through PayPal with all major debit/credit cards accepted.