SELECTIONS FROM: PAT BENATAR / CRIMES OF PASSION
When Pat Benatar signed her first record deal, there was no road map for a female singer looking to compete in rock music as if it were a level playing field. She had an artistic vision but no ability to articulate it in a studio environment, and that made the recording of her debut (In the Heat of the Night) a struggle. Initial sessions were professional but without spark, and she later reflected that she feared at the time, “I was finished before I’d even started.” Her second album, Crimes of Passion was released on August 5, 1980, and was an unqualified success that would eventually sell more than 5 million copies. At its peak in January 1981, Crimes of Passion reached #2 on the album chart. It also carved out Benatar’s position as the most prominent female solo act in rock, affirmed by her taking home in February of that year the first of what would be four consecutive Grammys for Best Female Rock Vocal Performance.
FEATURED ALBUM TRACKS
BAND MEMBER SLOTS
Note: If you're signing up for "Guitar 1" as your primary instrument you're committing to lead and rhythm guitar parts, whereas "Guitar 2" is rhythm guitar-parts only. Overall song presentation by all musicians should follow standard instrumentation and arrangements as originally recorded on the song's studio versions, keeping everyone on the same page regarding practice time and event performances.
Bandmixers - Discography / Rules of Participation
- All participating musicians are required to have an intermediate to advanced-level skill set and playing ability to participate (see FAQ).
- At-home, individual learning/practicing along with the ability to readily-apply your respective playing parts into a group rehearsal setting.
- If you're new to the community and/or are unsure if a given band is the right fit for your particular skill level but have interest in participating, drop us a note and tell us a bit about your playing background, skill level, ability to accurately learn material on your own, etc.
Series Program Format
- We select 4 iconic albums, choose 5 classic tracks from each to make up 4 Discography bands per live event.
- Participating musicians self-select into one of the event's album-showcase bands based on their primary instrument and ability-level.
- Participant cost is $250 and includes:
- Dedicated band members
- Facilitated band meet-n-greet session
- 3 structured band rehearsal sessions (2 standard, 1 dress rehearsal) at our studio facility
- Curated 5-song album set w/band selected "encore" track
- Venue booking and show promotion
- Complimentary drink
- Awesome live show for friends, family and community!
Step One: Claim Your Spot
Please fill out AND submit the form below BEFORE proceeding to payment step.
Step Two: Submit Payment
Payment reserves your album selection and instrument choice. Payments are processed through PayPal with all major debit/credit cards accepted.