SELECTIONS FROM: JOE JACKSON / LOOK SHARP!
Released on Jan. 5, 1979, Look Sharp! heralded the arrival of a brilliant new songwriting talent, and the record-buying public responded more or less immediately: Jackson's debut single "Is She Really Going Out With Him?" latched onto Top 40 playlists on both sides of the Atlantic, reaching No. 13 in the U.K. and No. 21 in the U.S. On college airwaves, the album was an even bigger hit, spinning off four more singles – "Got the Time," "Sunday Papers," "Fools In Love" and the title track. Thin and balding, Jackson wasn't exactly born for the the looming video revolution, but he had an impeccable sense of style reflected by the distinctive Look Sharp! album cover, graced with a striking shot of white dress shoes shining in a beam of light on a city sidewalk. Simple and elegant, it summed up Jackson's early recordings perfectly, evoking all the sleek musical lines and bracing urban wit throughout the album's 36-minute running time. Fans of British New Wave won't want to miss this one!
FEATURED ALBUM TRACKS
BAND MEMBER SLOTS
Note: If you're signing up for "Guitar 1" as your primary instrument you're committing to lead and rhythm guitar parts, whereas "Guitar 2" is rhythm guitar-parts only. Overall song presentation by all musicians should follow standard instrumentation and arrangements as originally recorded on the song's studio versions, keeping everyone on the same page regarding practice time and event performances.
Bandmixers - Discography / Rules of Participation
- All registering musicians are required to have an intermediate to advanced-level skill set and playing ability to participate (see FAQ).
- At-home, individual learning/practicing along with the ability to readily-apply your respective playing parts into a group rehearsal setting.
- If you're new to the community and/or are unsure if a given band is the right fit for your particular skill level but have interest in participating, drop us a note and tell us a bit about your playing background, skill level, ability to accurately learn material on your own, etc.
Series Program Format
- We select 4 iconic albums, choose 5 classic tracks from each to make up 4 Discography bands per live event.
- Participating musicians self-select into one of the event's album-showcase bands based on their primary instrument and ability-level.
- Participant cost is $250 and includes:
- Dedicated band members
- Facilitated band meet-n-greet session
- 3 structured band rehearsal sessions (2 standard, 1 dress rehearsal) at our studio facility
- Curated 5-song album set w/band selected "encore" track
- Venue booking and show promotion
- Complimentary drink
- Awesome live show for friends, family and community!
Step One: Claim Your Spot
Please fill out AND submit the form below BEFORE proceeding to payment step.
Step Two: Submit Payment
Payment reserves your album selection and instrument choice. Payments are processed through PayPal with all major debit/credit cards accepted.