SELECTIONS FROM: DEF LEPPARD / PYROMANIA
While Def Leppard had obviously wanted to write big-sounding anthems on their previous records. Pyromania was where the band's vision coalesced and gelled into something more. More than ever before, the band's songs on Pyromania are driven by catchy, shiny melodic hooks with flashes of heavy guitar riffs thrown in for good measure. But it wasn't just this newly intensified focus on melody and consistent songwriting (and heavy MTV exposure) that made Pyromania a massive success -- and the catalyst for the '80s pop-metal movement. Robert John "Mutt" Lange's buffed-to-a-sheen production -- polished drum and guitar sounds, multi-tracked layers of vocal harmonies and a general sanding of any and all musical rough edges -- this one set the style for much of the melodic hard rock that followed. Pyromania is an enduring (and massively influential) classic!
FEATURED ALBUM TRACKS
BAND MEMBER SLOTS
Note: If you're signing up for "Guitar 1" as your primary instrument you're committing to lead and rhythm guitar parts, whereas "Guitar 2" is rhythm guitar-parts only. Overall song presentation by all musicians should follow standard instrumentation and arrangements as originally recorded on the song's studio versions, keeping everyone on the same page regarding practice time and event performances.
Bandmixers - Discography / Rules of Participation
- All registered musicians are required to have an intermediate to advanced-level skill set and playing ability to participate (see FAQ).
- At-home, individual learning/practicing along with the ability to readily-apply your respective playing parts into a group rehearsal setting.
- If you're new to the community and/or are unsure if a given band is the right fit for your particular skill level but have interest in participating, drop us a note and tell us a bit about your playing background, skill level, ability to accurately learn material on your own, etc.
Series Program Format
- We select 4 iconic albums, choose 5 classic tracks from each to make up 4 Discography bands per live event.
- Participating musicians self-select into one of the event's album-showcase bands based on their primary instrument and ability-level.
- Participant cost is $250 and includes:
- Dedicated band members
- Facilitated band meet-n-greet session
- 3 structured band rehearsal sessions (2 standard, 1 dress rehearsal) at our studio facility
- Curated 5-song album set w/band selected "encore" track
- Venue booking and show promotion
- Complimentary drink
- Awesome live show for friends, family and community!
Step One: Claim Your Spot
Please fill out AND submit the form below BEFORE proceeding to payment step.
Step Two: Submit Payment
Payment reserves your album selection and instrument choice. Payments are processed through PayPal with all major debit/credit cards accepted.